Welcome to the Website of the Los Alamos Amateur Radio
Club. We usuallymeet the second Friday of every month at CD-1, 4017 Arkansas
St., Los Alamos, NM 87544. Members begin arriving at 7:00 PM. The meeting begins
at 8:00 PM. The next meeting will be December 13, 2013.
Membership: LAARC dues are $20 per year made payable
to Los Alamos Amateur Radio Club and may be mailed to Secretary/Treasurer LAARC,
P.O. Box 787, Los Alamos, NM 87544. Be sure to include your Call Sign (if you
have one), your name, and mailing address. Telephone numbers and email address
Club Nets: We sponsor two weekly nets. One is
a Two Meter FM Net that meets on Sunday at 2000 local time
on the W5PDO repeater at 146.88 MHz. The other is a Ten Meter USB Net
that meets later on Sunday at 2100 local time on 28.440 MHz.
Photo Courtesy of Trish Mylet, 20 February 2010.
The Los Alamos Amateur Radio Club is proud to be
an agency funded by the
Northern New Mexico / Los Alamos
Thank you very much!
- LAARC Officers
- LAARC Members
- LAARC NEWS Read about the new repeater and its autopatch.
- REPEATERS and DIGIPEATERS in Northern New Mexico
- Technician License Class (To be Determined) -
listing for New Mexico
- Upcoming VE Exams (Tuesday, October 8, 6:30 PM, Los Alamos)
- Also, ARRL
listing for New Mexico
- AA9PW's Ham Exam Preparation Page
- Learn the Morse Code - No longer required but can be fun and useful - AC6V
programs (General AC6V Ham Page), Advanced Morse Code Simulator - Morse
- Upcoming Hamfests and Swapmeets: Duke
City Hamfest, Albuquerque, NM, August 9-11, 2013.
- BUY & SELL Ham Radio Equipment Locally - The
New Mexico Swap Net
- Public Service & Software Page - Includes
MIXW, SKYWARN, Net Manager program, Incident Command System Tutorial, ARESPACK,
- Solar Conditions and Propagation pages: SOLARCYCLE
24.com (Solar Cycle 24 / Spaceweather / Amateur Radio VHF Aurora Website),
Solar Terrestrial Dispatch, DXLC,
and the ARRL
- Call Sign Look Up via the University
of Arkansas at Little Rock Amateur Radio Club (Updated Daily from the
FCC Data Base)
- Need old radio manuals? Try the Boat Anchor Manual Archive - Information
Here & Downloads (Mirror Site) Here.
- New Mexico PRB, It's not just a good idea, it's the law! - Click
here for details
- See a smaller (200k)
or larger (470k) map of
the US ham population courtesy of HamCall.net.
- What time is it in??? Find out at WORLDTIMESERVER.COM
Cerro Grande Fire
Here is one club member's chronicle of the amateur radio support for the Cerro
Grande Fire in May, 2000. Bob Cowan, K5QIN, submitted this article to QST where
it was edited and published as the lead of the Public Service column in the
February 2001 QST (pp 96-97). This is the submitted version complete with pictures.
Comments to Webmaster, Alden Oyer, AG5S
Last updated Monday, December 2, 2013